DCP 116: Packing For NAB
The DCP gang (Chris Fenwick, planetMitch, and I - Carl Olson) catch up on the latest video, photography and post production news before packing and departing for NAB. For the first time ever, the DCP hosts will all be together face to face. In fact, we'll be doing a live show at the Teradek booth, Wednesday morning, April 10, at 11 AM (PDT). Stop by and see us!
Here are some of the things we talked about in today's show:
- Andre rants about too many cameras on the market. Fav line "we're so confused!"
- Adobe CreativeCloud gives a sneak peak into new versions of video pro apps (via ReelSEO)
- Adobe announces that video pros can subscribe to CreativeCloud for $29.99 per month for 1st year subscription (via CreativeCow)
- DCP show listener Andrew Crawford is inspired by our podcast to shoot a passion project video - and wows the crowd at the 2013 Sun Valley Film Festival. Check out his video: Morning Mic (on Vimeo).
- Another DCP show listener, Daniel Latimer, is inspired by the podcast to create a new service - converging a family still photo session with video.
- Chris Fenwick talks about shooting and processing green screen video
- Convergence Design announces not a new cool OLED monitor / video recorder combo - but also a "rent-as-you-need" business model
- Chris explains what "Graphic Recording" videos are (and they are really cool!) and Carl share's how you can create your own using Sparkol's VideoScribe service
- The DCP team will be at NAB and doing a live show at the Teradek booth on Wednesday, April 10, 2013, 11 AM PDT. planetMitch is also providing a daily NAB wrap-up show each evening beginning at 5 PM PDT. Check out planetMitch's blog post at planet5d.com/NAB
- 6 Steps to Persuasive Design with Dr. Eric Schaffer
- Good Ideas Are Hard to Come By
Get Your Audio Bits Here:
Download Audio: Digital Convergence Episode 116 - Packing For NAB
Subscribe in iTunes here: The Digital Convergence Podcast