DCP 149: Caleb Pike of DSLRVideoShooter.com
Caleb Pike is the featured guest in episode 149 of the Digital Convergence Podcast. He is the founder of DSLRVideoShooter.com. Caleb Pike is a camera operator, editor, and podcaster based in Chicago, IL.
In addition to his educational DSLR video blog, he runs a production company called Fourth Foundry. His experience includes documentary, commercial, narrative, and educational video. His less-is-more approach to digital filmmaking gear won't break the bank! I've been following Caleb Pike since the early days of the DSLR video revolution - he was and continues to be one of my favorite go-to sources of video education and gear reviews.
Some of the topics Caleb addresses in this episode:
- How Caleb got involved in DSLR video
- Lessons learned from shooting DSLR video
- You don't need a lot of equipment to shoot pro video
- Limitations are good for you
- Shooting video on a budget - how to get started for less than $500
- Thoughts on the new mirror-less cameras including the Panasonic GH4, Sony A7s and Canon EOS-M
- There's no reason to buy a Canon DSLR camera anymore
- Affordable lighting gear for shooting video
- Recording good quality with the Rode VideoMic Pro and the JuiceLink preamp
In the Video Business Success Coach segment of the podcast, Kris Simmons answers the question: What do you do when your client cancels a shoot where you have already lined up your help and rental gear.
This Episode Sponsored By:
MusicBed - Licensing relevant music for filmmakers. Get a $25 credit on your next order: http://mscbd.fm/crlsnpdcst
Take your video business to the next level with KRE8 University.
Learn to master color for video at Mixing Light.
Save $25 off the first year of access to Academy of Storytellers.
Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links. They do not affect the price you pay for the services or products linked. I do receive a small commission from the sale that helps offset the cost of publishing this website.