DCP 146: Matt Thompson - Founder of SongFreedom
Matt Thompson - CEO and founder of SongFreedom - is featured in this episode of the Digital Convergence Podcast. SongFreedom works with all the major music labels as well as indie labels so that you can affordably license music your client may hear on the radio.
Matt covers the following points about SongFreedom:
- How and why SongFreedom was created
- How SongFreedom negotiates licensing with major and indie labels
- SongFreedom licenses music you hear on the radio - including One Republic and Lady Gaga
- Have a huge library of songs available
- Search tools to help you find just the right song
- What SongFreedom looks for in musicians who apply to license their music
- Commission structure for contributing musicians
- What's trending in music selection today
- Understanding the complexities of music licensing for event and commercial applications
In the Video Business Success Coach segment, Kris Simmons talks about how adding the “Wow Factor” can help your client fall in love with you and possibly lead to more business.
Take your video business to the next level with KRE8 University.
Learn to master color for video at Mixing Light.
Save $25 off the first year of access to Academy of Storytellers.
Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links. They do not affect the price you pay for the services or products linked. I do receive a small commission from the sale that helps offset the cost of publishing this website.