DCP 145: Brent Barbano of ShareGrid
Brent Barbano, a founding partner of ShareGrid.com, talks about the benefits of peer-to-peer video equipment rental. Modeled on the successful "sharing economy" business model of AirBnB, ShareGrid offers affordable video equipment rental to digital producers. ShareGrid connects filmmakers and photographers who need gear with filmmakers and photographers who own gear.
Brent Barbano is an accomplished digital filmmaker and video producer - His clients include National Geographic, Discovery, Food Network, Bravo, The History Channel, NBC and more. He’s worked with a varied toolbox that includes ARRI, RED, Panasonic, Canon, and a host of lighting and support gear.
Brent answers my questions about ShareGrid, including:
- What is ShareGrid?
- How does ShareGrid work if I want to rent equipment?
- If I have equipment that I want to make available to rent, what do I do?
- How am I protected as a renter?
- What insurance is available?
- How do I know I'm not dealing with a "Craigslist murderer or scam artist"?
- What happens if something goes wrong with the gear I rent?
- What is my commission for my equipment that is rented out?
- How does pricing compare with traditional rental services?
- What's the advantage of using ShareGrid over other rental services?
Also in this episode the Vincent Lombardi of video business - the Video Business Success Coach - Kris Simmons - shows you how to leverage project debrief meetings to increase your sales. You win, your customer wins. That's a winning touchdown for your video business.
Take your video business to the next level with KRE8 University.
Learn to master color for video at Mixing Light.
Save $25 off the first year of access to Academy of Storytellers.
Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links. They do not affect the price you pay for the services or products linked. I do receive a small commission from the sale that helps offset the cost of publishing this website.